Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Don't Bother to Write Your Congressman

This link will take you to Rick Santorum's web site. There are a number of self-congratulating articles you could read, or you can take a poll. Right now the poll is Do You Believe the Minimum Wage Should Be Increased. Of course, I voted yes, and of course, I'm in the minority. I went to Rick's website about 4 months ago because I wanted to send an email to my Congressman. But he doesn't give you his email address. You have to fill out a form and then choose one of the topics he is willing to get mail on. I chose Faith-Based Initiatives because I was unable to choose "The Truth." So I give him all my personal info, and then I get to write my question: "Are you a member of Opus Dei?" Legitimate question I thought especially to a man who holds himself out to be a good Catholic. Won't even go into my other reasons, but I have been reading a lot about him, and it seems like an easy yes/no question. When you send a email from his website, you are unable to keep a copy, so there is no record (on your part) that you ever sent him an email. Rick never responded, not even to say "Thanks for your correspondence". Nothing. So I send him 4 more emails and my first sentence is may I please get a response. Nothing. This is my Congressman. I was a registered Republican for 30 years. So I find a website with personal email addresses for our elected officials (Let me know if you want them.) I sent an email to Rick's admin asst yesterday, and today I get a response, saying she will get an answer to my question for me, apologies for the delay, and have we ever met, because she can't remember giving me her email address. Ha! What nerve I have trying to contact the great and good Rick? I responded that no we have never met, I just thought that it might be the efficient way to contact the very busy auteur-statesman by going through his admin. Let's see if she ever responds. I may even have made a new friend.
Comments:
First of all, let's hope the Secret Service isn't soon knocking on your door. Hey, some folks are touchy.
Spend a few minutes on line, you'll find an Opus Dei membership list. Happy hunting!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?