Friday, May 27, 2005

 

Georgie Porgie

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Thus spake the President of the United States of America. I see Karl Rove whining over that one. "Georgie, when are you going to learn the difference between what I say to you in our private time, and what you are supposed to say in public?" You can argue that the quote is out of context. It's true I didn't read the article, even though I do prefer to read what he says rather than listen to it. When he starts talking and gesturing and pounding the podium and grinning like it's all just the grandest thing that he gets to stand there and tell the people what it means to be a Real American, I get embarassed for my fellow Americans that this fool is representing us to the world. And it really doesn' t matter what the context is anyway. All he really understands is 9/11. That was his biggest moment, and he wants you to continue to praise him for how he handled it. And to fear. You must fear. So he will always mention 9/11.

To see more Bushisms, go to http://www.slate.com/id/76886/
Comments:
Wow, thats very interesting.
Almost as interesting as it is scary. :(
 
When you start name calling, you lose your credibility. Have you passed the seventh grade yet?
 
I would love to answer your insightful question if only you didn't hide behind "anonymous." I can only guess who you are and why you won't identify yourself.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?